Rehabilitation can begin significantly sooner in water than on land. Exercising in water eases an individual’s fear of falling or re-injuring themselves. Water therapy can allow therapists to progress patients more quickly which reduces the total rehab time and medical costs.
Benefits of aquatic care therapy
- Buoyancy allows a person to move more easily with decreased weight bearing/stress on the muscles, joins, and bones.
- Thermal Effects increase the circulation to aid in healing and decreasing inflammation. The warm water relaxes muscles, decreases muscle spasms, and allows for improved joint range of motion.
- Hydrostatic Pressure is decreased allowing increase in the range of motion.
- Resistance is improved in balance and strength allowing movement in all muscle directions.
Five Rivers Medical Center
- 301 B Country Club Road
Pocahontas, AR 72455
- FRMC Therapy Services
Who may benefit from aquatic therapy:
Patients with a diagnoses of arthritis, knee and ankle injuries, back and join pain, Parkinson’s, multiple sclerosis, SCI, stroke, joint replacements, fibromyalgia, orthopedic surgeries, stress fractures, compression fractures, Lymphadema, anyone with limited mobility, decreased strength and endurance, and pain associated with weight bearing.
Our Hydroworx 500 Series Pool Offers:
- A pool lift chair for patients requiring assistance entering the pool.
- Underwater treadmill with adjustable jets for increased intensity of physical therapy sessions. (Speeds up to 7.5 MPH can be achieved).
- Massage jets for deep tissue massage for muscle relaxation, swelling and pain control.
- Resistance jets for a total body workout, allowing patients to swim against an adjustable current.